3.0 units of USC credit
Audition mp3 (see below)
Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Additionally, students must attend tech rehearsals and performances, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Special Dress Code
This intensive, conservatory-style course focuses on the process of acting a song, interpreting music and lyrics, movement, singing and audition technique. Students will also study musical theatre history, text analysis and preparation to perform in the collegiate and professional levels. Courses are taught by USC Musical Theatre Faculty who work in the field, as well as special guests. Past guests have included Tony-Award winners Jason Alexander and John Rubinstein, actor Vicki Lewis, composer Jeff Marx (Avenue Q) and others.
- Learn from theatre professionals in a collaborative and interactive, conservatory-style environment
- Participate in off-campus field trips to see professional theatre in Los Angeles
- Culminate your summer experience with workshop productions viewed by faculty, students, family and friends
Topic of Study
- Core practice: stage movement, voice, acting
- Theory, history and text analysis
- Auditioning for universities
Each applicant must create an audition mp3. You are encouraged to sing with accompaniment, but you may sing a cappella if accompaniment cannot be arranged. The selections should not be digitally edited or altered to change the sound of your voice in any way.
Your recording should include two (2) 32-bar selections from the musical theatre that best showcase your voice and personality, as follows:
- The first selection must be an up-tempo song
- The second selection should be a ballad
E-mail mp3 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the applicant’s name in the mp3 filename.