3.0 units of USC credit
Audition mp3 (see below)
Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Additionally, students must attend scheduled tech rehearsals and performances, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Special Dress Code
The following list is accepted attire for dance:
- Close fitting t-shirt – Jazz pants
- Close fitting sweatpants – Bicycle pants
- Soft soled shoes
This summer IMMERSE yourself in music, movement (OR DANCE) and play! In movement classes you will be exposed to different styles of dance that will enhance your ability to tell a story physically. In vocal performance classes you will learn how to act the song and feel the music. Acting classes will be devoted to your personal connection to character and text and the basic principles of acting. The USC School of Dramatic Arts experience offers four weeks of rigorous play and skills to celebrate your unique self through the Musical Theatre.
- Learn from theatre professionals in a collaborative and interactive, conservatory-style environment
- Participate in off-campus field trips to see professional theatre in Los Angeles
- Culminate your summer experience with workshop production viewed by faculty, students, family and friends
Topic of Study
- Core practice: movement/dance, voice, acting
- Auditioning for universities
Each applicant must create an audition mp3. You are encouraged to sing with accompaniment, but you may sing a cappella if accompaniment cannot be arranged. The selections should not be digitally edited or altered to change the sound of your voice in any way.
Your recording should include two (2) 32-bar selections from the musical theatre that best showcase your voice and personality, as follows:
- The first selection must be an up-tempo song
- The second selection should be a ballad
E-mail mp3 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the applicant’s name in the mp3 filename.