3.0 units of USC credit
Basic Computer Skills
Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Special Dress Code
Do you love video games? Want to create your own? This course will provide you with an overview of the video game production process. You will gain hands-on experience by developing video games and utilizing various software applications. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to conceptualize, design, develop, implement and integrate current and emerging video game features and technologies.
- Create original games
- Daily design challenges
- Take advantage of USC’s relationships with local game studios
- Field trips! We’ve been to Treyarch, EA Sports, Activision and more!
- Meet world-class developers: designers, programmers, artists and producers ready to share their insights with you!
Topic of Study
- The life cycle of a video game project
- Facets of video game production
- Principles of game design
- Paper prototyping
- Writing game design documents
- Level design
- Project management
“The instructor was great at using visual techniques to teach us and explaining how it all relates to us.”
Register and join us for our webinar on February 28, 2019 at 6 pm PST to meet our Viterbi faculty.