3.0 units of USC credit
Basic Computer Skills
Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm
Special Dress Code
Have you always been good at creating new things? Do you have an inventor’s eye? Are you considering a career in product development? Do you enjoy computers, design and modeling? Explore the range of 3D modeling, design, and printing techniques and prototyping technologies and their application in modern industrial, design, and creative fields.
This course explores how significant innovations in the areas of 3D computer graphics and 3D printing technologies are revolutionizing how designers, artists, and engineers create products and tools. You will learn an overview of modern 3D design and modeling techniques and also explore the range of printing and prototyping technologies in use today. By the end of the class, you will gain hands-on experience creating your own designs and shaping the creative process to final printed production.
- Learn from expert faculty in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering
- Get an overview of 3D design and modeling techniques for modern Rapid Prototyping and Additive Manufacturing applications
- Participate in hands-on projects that allow you to apply what you learn
- Create your own designs and shape the creative process to final printed production
Topic of Study
- 3D design and modeling techniques
- Manufacturing and product development
- Prototyping technologies, base materials and their applications
- Modeling methodologies
- Topologies for exporting to printing
- Measurement techniques
- Manufacturing tolerances
Register and join us for our webinar on February 28, 2019 at 6 pm PST to meet our Viterbi faculty.