Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Special Dress Code
Exercise attire on select days will be required. This includes close-toed athletic shoes and comfortable exercise clothing (i.e., sweat pants, t-shirts, shorts, etc.).
Interested in kinesiology, sports, or exercise? Do you enjoy learning about how the body moves and how you can have a career related to movement science?
In this introduction to kinesiology and movement science course, you will learn about major scientific foundations of key domains including exercise physiology, biomechanics, and motor learning. You will discover the integration of movement science in our everyday lives and explore career paths including physical therapy, sports performance coaching and training, exercise testing (body composition and fitness testing), academic research, and fitness industry consulting.
- Learn from experts in the field through class lectures, “flipped classrooms”, individual and group activities
- Explore career options related to kinesiology/movement science
- Participate in experimental activities, including labs, to enhance your understanding of the field through hands-on experience
- Enhance your writing and presenting skills, and grasp of knowledge, through a final project
Topics of Study
- Exercise science
- Exercise prescription
- Fitness testing
- Body composition assessments
- Sports science
- Physical therapy
- Motor learning
- Wearable technology