Credit: 3.0 units of USC credit
Meets: Monday through Friday
The USC School of Dramatic Arts offers an opportunity for students to work with theatre professionals and explore a creative experience in the dramatic arts.
This conservatory-style training course will challenge students and offer a strong foundation in the craft of acting. The program, taught by the School’s world-class faculty, emphasizes process and includes scene study, movement, voice, as well as on camera acting workshops and a monologue audition master class. The four week class culminates in a workshop performance for family and friends.
- Learn from theatre professionals in a inclusive, collaborative, and interactive, conservatory-style environment
- Participate in field trips and experiences to engage with artists and professional theatre
- Culminate your summer experience with a workshop performance viewed by faculty, students, family and friends
Topic of Study
- Core practice: movement, voice, acting techniques, and theory
- Scene study and using scripted material of contemporary and classical text
- Workshops in text, analysis, theory history and criticism, improv, and acting for the camera
- Devising original content
- Auditioning for universities
The (Acting Intensive) faculty are amazing, and you will meet so many incredible, talented artists as well!
Maya F., New York (Summer Programs 2020)