Summer 2021 Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must have completed at least the 9th grade by June 14, 2021.
- Applicants should be pursuing a rigorous high school curriculum.
- Applicants are required to attend all class meetings beginning Monday, June 14, 2021. Late attendance cannot be accommodated.
- Applicants may be either a domestic or international student.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021, 4:00pm PDT
All application tasks must be completed by this date and time to be considered for the 2021 USC Summer Programs.
- Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are completed. Classes fill quickly, so complete the application as early as possible.
- Applicants can apply to three courses, but will be admitted into and enrolled in only one course. Each course requires 5 to 6 hours of instruction/classwork per day. It is not possible for students to enroll in multiple courses.
- If an applicant’s preferred course is full or cancelled for any reason and they are a qualified applicant, they will be admitted into and enrolled in their second or third choice course. Applicants will be contacted, via email, by the USC Summer Programs Office if a space in their preferred course becomes available.
- Applicants will be notified of an acceptance to the program by email. The notification is sent to the email address provided during the online registration. Be sure to use the applicant’s email address that is checked frequently.
- Once accepted, applicants must pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 to secure a seat in the admitted course.
- Applicants are responsible to monitor the status of their application and the submission of application documents via the application portal. Applications will not be reviewed until ALL tasks have been completed and submitted. Students will be notified, via email, only when their application is complete.
How to Apply
All communication from the Summer Programs’ Office, including application status, program updates, and payment, will be sent through email. When registering for the online application, please be sure to use the applicant’s email address that is checked frequently.
Students are required to attend all class meetings beginning Monday, June 14, 2021. Late attendance cannot be accommodated.
- Complete and submit the online application through the application portal:
- Complete the 300-500 word essay written by the applicant.
- Request a teacher, counselor, or mentor who can comment on the applicant’s academic achievement, level of maturity, and personal integrity to complete the online letter of recommendation form.
- Request a school administrator upload a PDF high school transcript via the applicant’s online application. The request must be sent to a school official’s professional email address.
- Pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee.
- Once all tasks have been completed, click “Review & Submit” in the application portal.
Review our 2021 Application Guide and Best Practices for more information!
Please note: The Summer Programs Application is only used for the Summer Programs admissions process. Admission to and/or participation in this program does not guarantee admission to USC or its various schools. Students interested in applying to an undergraduate degree program must follow the application procedures set forth by the USC Office of Admission.
USC follows specific guidelines for the Privacy of Personal Information, and it follows the Information Security Policy.