Summer 2017 Eligibility Requirements
- You must have completed at least the 9th grade by June 18, 2017.
- You should be pursuing a rigorous high school curriculum to excel in USC Summer Programs.
- You are required to attend all class meetings beginning Monday, June 19, 2017. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
- You may be either a domestic or international student.
Domestic Student Application
Friday, April 28, 2017
International Student Application
Friday, March 24, 2017
All application materials must be received into our office by these dates to be considered for the USC Summer Programs.
- Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are completed. Classes fill quickly, so complete your application as early as possible.
- You can apply to three courses, but you will be admitted into and enrolled in only one course. Each course requires 5 to 6 hours of instruction per day. It is not possible for students to enroll in multiple courses.
- If your preferred course is full or cancelled for any reason and you are a qualified applicant, you will be admitted into and enrolled in your second or third choice course. You will be contacted by the USC Summer Programs Office if a space in your preferred course becomes available.
- You will be notified of your acceptance to the program by email. The notification is sent to the email address provided during the online registration. Be sure to use an email address that you check frequently.
- Once accepted, you must pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 to secure your seat in the course to which you were admitted.
- You are responsible to monitor the status of your application and the submission of application documents via the student portal. Students will be notified, via email, only when their application is complete. Applications will not be reviewed until ALL materials are received.
How to Apply
All communication from the Summer Programs’ Office, including application status, program updates, and payment, will be sent through email. When registering for the online application, please be sure to use an email address that you check frequently.
- Complete and submit the online application through the student portal, including the 300-500 word essay written by you.
- Pay the $55 application fee.
- Choose a teacher, mentor, or someone else who can comment on your academic achievement, level of maturity, and personal integrity and request the she or he complete the letter of recommendation form.
- Send the completed form to the USC Summer Programs Office. It may be emailed from the recommender’s email address, faxed, or mailed to the address below.
- Mail an official high school transcript to the USC Summer Programs Office. Transcripts must be signed and stamped by your school office. Emailed or faxed transcripts are not accepted.
Send documents to:
USC Summer Programs
649 W. 34th St, Suite 108
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1627
Please note: The Summer Programs Application is only used for the Summer Programs admissions process. Admission to and/or participation in this program does not guarantee admission to USC or its various schools. Students interested in applying to an undergraduate degree program must follow the application procedures set forth by the USC Office of Admission.