International Application Requirements
USC Summer Programs welcomes international applicants. Visas are not required for online courses.
International students are non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents. International applicants are expected to complete the USC Summer Programs application materials without the use of paid agents, credentials services or other paid professional assistance. The use of such services, plagiarizing, copying or collaborating with others may lead to the rejection of application materials, the revocation of an admissions offer, cancellation of admission or involuntary withdrawal from USC Summer Programs.
Transcripts must be in English or come with an official translation. International students not graded according to the U.S. grading system should provide a grading key with the transcript.
Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE-A Scores or Waiver
Academic success at USC depends on the applicant’s ability to communicate effectively in English. All international applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following manners:
- Minimum scores of 600 on the SAT Critical Reading exam (previous SAT) or 650 on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing exam (redesigned SAT) or 27 on the ACT English exam; OR
- Minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL iBT (with a minimum score of 20 in each section); OR
- Minimum IELTS score of 7; OR
- Minimum PTE score of 68 OR
- Minimum Duolingo English Test score of 120
- Provide a completed Summer Programs English Proficiency Waiver
Please be aware that applicants cannot send scores directly from the exam website. The institution code for USC will result in scores being sent to Undergraduate Admissions. For example, to submit TOEFL scores: log in to the TOEFL system and open the “View Scores” option under the “Scores” menu. Download the score report or waiver as a PDF and upload in the application portal.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021, 4:00pm PDT
All application tasks must be completed by this date and time to be considered for the 2021 USC Summer Programs.