We’ve put together the following list of items to ensure you are prepared for your summer at USC. To guide your packing, keep in mind that temperatures range from the high seventies to the upper eighties during the day and drop to the low sixties at night.
- Health insurance card
- Your USC Net ID and password. You activated it from home, prompted by our email and/or the 4-Week program payment process
- School supplies. Textbooks and other course-specific materials will be distributed when students arrive.
- three-subject spiral notebook
- folder with pockets
- flash drives
- Money for printing. Some courses will require a small amount of printing (papers, assignments, etc.), which are paid for using a print/copy card that can be purchased with cash at the libraries.
- Clothing including casual clothing for classroom and recreational activities and a jacket for evenings or chilly weather
- Specific clothing required for your course (see course page)
- Domestic cell phone and charger
- Clothes hangers*
- Laundry supplies* (laundry facilities in the residence halls require a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover debit, credit or pre-paid card)
- Laundry basket or bag*
- Twin extra-long sheets, pillows, blanket or comforter
- Passport and visa (International Students only)
- Spending money (approximately $50-75/week)
- Shower caddy*
- Shower flip-flops*
- Extension cord (if bringing multiple electronics)*
- Sunscreen and sunglasses*
- Athletic equipment and work-out clothes
* Items can be purchased after arrival at the USC Bookstore or at other locations near campus.